During my daily work, whenever I notice bugs, lack of documentation or features that could be useful in open source software I use, I make an attempt to contribute back during my free time. Maintainers generally welcome contributions, guide you and give good feedback during the process. I get pretty excited when an open source contribution gets accepted. Just compiling a list of contributions I’ve made so far.
A damn simple library for building production-ready RESTful web services.
- Add support for Logback’s FixedWindowRollingPolicy
- Add FileAppenderFactory validations and tests
- Add logging configuration options to documentation
- Include logging options in config
- Use instrumented thread factory
- Add documentation for metrics annotations
Capturing JVM- and application-level metrics. So you know what’s going on.
- Add ResponseMetered annotation for Jersey Resource
- Add doc and examples for jersey annotations
- Add idle time for Callable in InstrumentedExecutorService